Thursday, September 10, 2015

Summer highlights

Korean summers are way too hot and humid to do anything... even to write a blog :P Well, almost ;) I can't believe I haven't posted anything in three months or so... But I've actually been a bit busy. Here are some of the best things that happened this summer:

FAMILY VACATION IN KOREA
The best thing thing that happened this summer was my mom and my sister visiting me in Korea! :) So I spent a lot of time preparing things for their vacation: finding accommodations, making a schedule of things to do and things to see etc.
They were here for about 2 weeks and we really got to see a lot: Seoul, Jeonju, Busan, Daegu, Yeosu, Gunsan, Boryeong... But I'll write more about our vacation in the next couple of posts, so check back again soon ;)

With my mom and my sister at Namsan Tower, Seoul
MY BROTHER'S WEDDING
My brother got married! :D Well, actually I just realized that maybe this should be the best thing that happened this summer. It's just that unfortunately I was unable to go to Slovenia for the wedding :( But at least I got to see some of the wedding through skype - thanks to technology ;) Of course it's not the same as being there, but it's better than nothing.
It was actually kind of funny. My brother set a computer there for us to see the wedding through skype. We didn't see the ceremony well, but at least we heard it clearly. :)  I really liked their whole wedding style. It was so simple and yet so beautiful. Nothing too over the top. Completely different from typical Korean weddings. I'd also like something similar for when I get married. :)
After the ceremony we didn't see much. They were busy having a proper wedding celebration with food, music etc. :) But we stayed tuned a bit longer just to look at people. It was quite funny and we even noticed a guy with a hole in his vest :D
My brother and his bride also hired a professional photographer and the wedding photos looked amazing! I'll ask him if it's ok to post one or two on my blog as soon as he wakes up - time difference ;)
The guy with a hole in his vest

SUMMER ON THE BEACH
There is no real summer without a day on the beach :) We went twice this year. Once together with my mom and my sister in Boryeong, and once to Busan, just the two of us.
Busan is quite far away, but we wanted to go there, because that's where we went for our second date about a year and a half ago. We wanted to try the burgers that we remember as the best burgers ever. We wanted to try them again and see if they're really that amazing or if it was just because we were so happy getting to know each other and falling in love. :) Well the burgers really are good. But the restaurant has changed a bit since our last time there and I think we ate something different back then.
Anyway, both times at the beach were fun. My boyfriend bought an extra beach tent and mat for my mom and sister :) The water was amazing in Boryeong, but really dirty in Busan. I was so disappointed. The beaches there look amazing, but the water was just full of trash. :( But we had lots of fun anyway. We just have to remember to use more sunscreen next time. My boyfriend and I were all red and some of our skin peeled off - yuck. But we're all better now. :)

Thursday Party's burger
View from our beach tent
MY NEW BIKE
My boyfriend bought me a bicycle - yay! :D I don't have a car and I can't drive anyway. So I take public transportation, but there's no bus to get to the post office or super market, so I have to walk. And it takes about 15-20mins to the supermarket and about half an hour to the post office. So I thought it would be great to have a bicycle. I talked about this with my boyfriend a year ago already, but he thought it would be too dangerous. Well, Koreans really drive like crazy, so I can understand that he's worried. But this year he bought me one anyway! Of course I had to promise to drive slowly and carefully ^^ And it's such a pretty one too. It's teal and has a basket, and even seven gears - it's perfect. ^^
My precious :)

Anyway, this summer was great! And now I can't wait for the weather to get a bit cooler. It's the middle of September already and it's still almost 30°C outside. But at least it cools down at night, so I can finally sleep again. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, get a bike! :) I am really happy with mine. I don't even have a driver's license yet. But I'm fine without it. Unfortunately Jeonju is a lot more like Ljubljana and there are no metros or trams here either, just buses. I really miss the subway, but I feel better now that I have a bike :)

    Thank you for reading! I just updated my blog and I'll try to post more often from now on. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing that happened to me this summer was visiting you in Korea! :) SThanks again for experiencing Seoul, Jeonju, Busan, Daegu, Yeosu, Gunsan, Boryeong... See you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete