Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Couple Clothes

Couple clothing - yes! A very popular thing in Korea :) And since my boyfriend and I are also a typical Korean couple (yeah right lol) we also wear couple clothes sometimes.

Last weekend we did a little bit of shopping downtown. It wasn't what we originally planned to do. We went to see a movie and had something good to eat. But then decided to buy a couple of sweaters since it's already October. It's still really warm here, over 25ÂșC if it doesn't rain, but I'm sure it will get cold soon enough.

So we stopped at Uniqlo and bought two pairs of matching sweaters ^^ My boyfriend loves couple clothes. We don't have that many yet, but we do own a couple. Here's an example:



These are our Guess couple T-shirts. They're pink - my favorite color, but luckily my boyfriend doesn't mind wearing pink. I guess most Korean guys don't have a problem with pink color. ^^


And our New York T-shirts. Unfortunately we didn't have our selka-bong then yet, so you can't see the T-shirts well :) Oh and lets not forget about our couple sneakers:


Korean couples, especially young people, love couple items: shoes, clothes, rings, bracelets etc. Of course there are exceptions. Not everyone likes this kind of things, but seriously a lot of people do. Everywhere you go, you can see couples dressed the same. Sometimes it's just the shoes, sometimes just the t-shirts and sometimes it's all the same from head to toes. And I think it's cute. ^^

Korea is probably not the only country that has this, but it is hard to find couple clothes in Europe, I think. Here, they're everywhere. And it is not weird at all, since there are so many people wearing it. Just visit one of the online Korean shopping malls - how about gmarket, since it's available in English - and you'll find SO many couple clothes.

In summer, couple beachwear is also really popular.



This is the hood that my boyfriend also bought for us. It's great for the beach ^^

But now the weather will slowly get colder, so we bought this really cute sweaters. One set in black and one in pink. One is exactly the same with a hood and the other one is almost the same, but we got V-neck for my boyfriend (since he looks much better wearing a V-neck) and a round neck for me.

I personally really like couple clothes. Here in Korea, it is not common to see couples kissing or making out in public - thank god! That can seriously be annoying in my country, when you're sitting on the bus and the couple sitting behind you is making out really really loudly... luckily I never go anywhere without my headphones ^^ But instead of kissing, most couples hold hands and wear matching clothes to show that they're together and that they love each other. Which is much better, I think. It doesn't make anyone feel too uncomfortable and it's just cute.

I've dated other Korean guys before I met my boyfriend, but it never got really serious. So I never wore couple clothes before. Obviously, if a guy isn't serious about you, he'll say that he's not into couple clothes. As a foreign girl in Korea, you have to be careful about guys, since a lot of them might just be interested because you are different and they just want to try out something new, but don't want anything serious. Luckily, there are nice guys out there too ^^ And if a guy buys you a couple ring and wants to wear couple clothes, then that's a clear sign that he's taking the relationship seriously ^^

What do YOU think about couple clothes? Please share your experiences and/or opinions ^^


4 comments:

  1. Uauuu,,,so cool! I like this idea..I am single but if I had a boyfrienf I would like to wear couple clothes. I personally think it looks nice (btw. you two both look very cool in pink colour) wearing matching suits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am so happy my boyfriend doesn't have a problem with wearing pink! I also think they're cute. But I wonder how people will look at us if we wear matching clothes when we travel to Europe this Christmas :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you ^^ Ya, you're probably right, it's not for everyone. But it can look really cute and there are so many couple clothes to choose from in Korea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow really nice. Thanks for providing us such a useful information. Keep up the good work and continue providing us more quality information from time to time.
    best couple hoodies

    ReplyDelete