Monday, March 16, 2015

White Day - March 14th

Yes. Finally. A female version of Korean Valentine's day. :) Remember that on Valentine's day in Korea only boys get presents (chocolate) from girls? Well on White day it's boys' turn to buy presents for girls. And instead of chocolate, they mostly buy candies.

I received my first White day gift this year a day earlier. My boyfriend's band had another concert on Friday the 13th and another band member gave me a cute box of chocolates. I haven't tried them yet, but he assured me they tasted better than Guylian chocolates that we were eating together on Friday. If that's true then they must really taste delicious :)


My boyfriend's concert went well. I love their songs. But unfortunately the sound was really too loud, especially the vocal. But that wasn't the band's fault. After the concert the DJ played mostly metal songs, which was cool, but we all complained a bit about our ears hurting after we left the place.



The next day, on March 14th, my boyfriend surprised me with my White day's present when he got back from work. He kept saying he doesn't want to spend money on such holidays so I was really surprised that he got me so much. But he said it's because this is our first White day together. :) He got me this huge lollipop :D I've seen this being sold before and now I've finally received one :D It's pretty heavy. There must be lost of regular sized lollipops inside. But it looks so cute, wrapped like a real giant lollipop, that I just don't want to open it yet.


He also had another huge box with him and I was wondering what was inside. And I couldn't believe it, but he got me my own personal prize machine. :D It's like a miniature version of the prize machines you can find in Korean arcades (have I written about them yet?). Last time when my boyfriend and I had dinner with his friends on Lunar New Year's we saw this prize machine with cute little plush ducks inside. We tried like 10 times or something to get one, but it was impossible. The crane picked it up several times but as soon as it moved a bit, it dropped it again.

When we visited the lake Bled in Slovenia last Christmas, there were tons of ducks. And for some reason my boyfriend remembered the Slovenian word for a duck - 'raca'. He can't make a real Slovenian 'c' sound because it doesn't exist in Korean language, so it sounds really cute when he says it. I guess since then we both really like ducks and that's probably why we tried to get one from the prize machine.

So anyway, my boyfriend has a good sense of humor and he thought it would be really funny to buy this for me. He told me he'd ordered it a while ago and kept it in the trunk of his car, so I wouldn't find it. :) We laughed so hard when we tried to grab candy from our prize machine. The lights turn on when you put a coin inside and this funny circus music starts to play. I am surprisingly good at it and was able to catch all types of candies already. :) It's fun to get a bit childish and silly like this every now and then. :)

Later that day we went to eat some Japanese shabu-shabu. Which is this yummy sliced beef that you cook inside a spicy soup. Salad bar was free so we were able to eat as much as we wanted. It was so delicious and we ate so much that we barely made it to Megabox to watch a movie. Strangely though we were able to eat the whole big size popcorn before the movie even started. :) We watched Chappie and it was really good. Better than I expected. But not better than Kingsman. I think that was the best movie we've seen this year.


2 comments:

  1. I would like to try shabu-shabu and do not break this candy machine until I come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it still works~ and there's still enough candy inside :)

      Delete