Wednesday, September 3, 2014

100 Days Anniversary

Couples all around the world like to celebrate their anniversaries. Usually, the 1st year anniversary is the most important, I guess. Then you just celebrate 2years, 3years, 4years together etc., right?

In Korea, one of the most important couple celebrations is the 100 days anniversary. After that, some couples also celebrate 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000 days spent together. But the 100th is the most important one and I guess most couples celebrate it.

And since my boyfriend is Korean we also celebrated our 100 days together. That was yesterday, September 2nd. ^^

There are no "rules" on what you're supposed to do on this anniversary, although a lot of couples have a cake and give each other presents. For a lot of them this is also the opportunity to start wearing couple rings, which are very popular in Korea.

Unfortunately yesterday was a Tuesday so my boyfriend had to work. But he did manage to get home a bit earlier than usual, so we had enough time to celebrate.

We went to this place called DanHana Bakery, where you can decorate your own cake. It is awesome and it's a fun thing to do together.


First you choose a cake (size, shape, color, flavor etc.) and then you have tons of decorative items to chose from. You pay at the end because the price depends on how many decorative items you used.


This was our final product ^^ The writing is not that amazing, but it's harder than it looks, believe me :) Anyway, we liked it. Inside it's chocolate and it doesn't taste bad.

After that we went to our favorite cafe called Ann House. It's so comfortable, nicely decorated and the desserts there taste amazing! You get your own little booth, so it's a bit more quiet and private too.



We ordered some yummy fresh juice and had our cake. After that we took some sticker photos. This is not really a Korean thing, I am pretty sure it comes from Japan. In Japan, these sticker photos are called PuriKura which is short for Purinto Kurabu (japanese version of 'Print Club'). The best thing about these photos is that they always make you look pretty and young. Your skin looks perfect, your eyes look bigger etc. And it's really fun decorating them too. Here in Korea they cost around 6000krw for one set of sticker photos (about 6$).


And this is one of our sticker photos from our anniversary. ^^



After that we went home and gave each other presents. Well, first we read the cards and the funny thing was, we pretty much both wrote the same things. ^^ Which is great, 'cause it just means that we're on the same page, feel the same way and want the same things. ^^

I am currently not working, so I didn't have much money to spend. So my boyfriend told me to make something instead. He told me as an example that one of his last girlfriends baked him cookies. And he said that even though they tasted bad (lol) he still liked that present more than when another girlfriend bought him a guitar (a guitar?? seriously?? man...). It's much cheaper but more meaningful.

So I did something like that. I couldn't bake him cookies since we don't have an oven, but I got a much better idea. I bought a small heart-shaped box and I put 100 colorful papers (I just used origami paper) inside. I wrote one thing that I like about my boyfriend on each of these papers. He really loved it!!! 100 things I like about him on our 100th anniversary. ^^


However, the gift that he loved most of all, was the fact that I finally put his photo on my FaceBook lol

He of course also bought me a present. I asked him not to buy me anything expensive. But he's too good... he bought me exactly what I wanted, only a much better version of it.

I wanted to get the new Sims 4 which just came out yesterday and I was thinking about buying it online (which is much much cheaper), but he not only got me a cd game, but Collector's Edition! Omg! I loved it!!! It comes in this cute box, you get a game dvd with all possible digital content and soundtrack, a HardCover GuideBook AND an interactive USB Plumbob


It's awesome! When you have it plugged in your USB it shines green, but while you're playing the game, it changes color depending on your sim's emotions. For example when my sim is feeling flirtatious it turns pink, when my sim is embarrassed it's yellow etc.

Anyway I love it. ^^

My boyfriend and I had a really really nice day and even though the 100 days we spent together are already filled with so many amazing memories, I believe this is only the beginning. There's still so much more ahead of us. ^^

6 comments:

  1. First of all...Congratulations on your anniversary! I have to say that your present is very unique and I love the idea! How did it come to your mind? Regarding the present you got - that just mean that he realy really loves you!!! I thing you look great together and hope you will celebrate as many anniversaries as possible :))...I can't wait to visit Korea next year because I am intesreted in these kind of "cake factories" and I will take a lot of sticker photos too :))) Enjoy playing Sims !!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^^ I just really wanted to do something for him, even if I can't afford much. I don't know how this idea came to my mind, I was looking online for some gift ideas, maybe I found something similar and then I thought of this.
      When you come to Korea next year you'll have a chance to try everything! Cafe factory and sticker photos also included!!! Just come! ^^ And I'll probably have played enough Sims by then, so you don't have to worry hehe

      Delete
    2. Can't wait for a little bit of culture shock :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you ^^ My boyfriend is really romantic, so I try to be a bit too. And yes, we're both very happy, I just hope it lasts! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm celebrating 100 days this Friday, and I looked at this blog to figure out what to do. I spent 2hrs on a card.... I hope he likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm celebrating my 100 days on the first of next month (September 1) 🥰, and your post was really helpful to me. I think I'll give the 100 reasons why and something extra 😁

    ReplyDelete