Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Chuseok and Selka-bong update

So Chuseok is over. It wasn't anything special for me, I was just glad that my boyfriend got a few days off work so we could spend a lot of time together.

In the last post I said that Chuseok isn't the best time to travel around because of the traffic jams. And yes, I was right. We went to DaeJeon to visit the Zoo and Flowerland there. You can usually get there in an hour if you take a freeway from Jeonju, but this time it took twice as long. It was the first time for me to see such a traffic jam on a freeway. We weren't moving at all for some time and then drove with an average speed of 30km/h. But we managed to get there eventually.

The rest areas were really crowded too. Some children were wearing hanboks (traditional Korean clothes) and guess what, I actually saw a small dog wearing a hanbok! :D So cute. These days so many dogs wear cute sweaters or T-shirts, but I didn't know they have a dog version of a hanbok too :D



It looked a bit similar to this, I guess :)

Oh and also, there are several restaurants open on Chuseok - luckily!

On Sunday my boyfriend and I went downtown to see a movie and the city was so empty. I guess 'cause it was really hot outside. It was great, no people, no parking problems... BUT the movie theater was packed!!! I never had to wait in line so long just to get a movie ticket. Luckily, we were in a good mood and just decided to wait. We saw Into the storm and it was quite good. Running time is only 1,5h which is just perfect. After the Transformers we decided NEVER to see another movie at a movie theater that's longer than 2,5 hours. It can be a torture when the air condition is not working properly!

Yesterday we went downtown again to do some Norebang (Karaoke) and have some street food. Korea has really yummy street food and there's so much of it that I'll write a special post just for that. This time, let me just mention the egg-bread being sold on the street for 1000krw a piece (1$). It is really just an egg baked inside the bread (or more like a biscuit) but it tastes really good. My boyfriend and I love them.


AND we saw selka-bongs being sold in one of the shops and guess what, we bought one :D

We'll definitely take it with us next time we go on a trip. We might look stupid waving it around and some people might laugh at us the way we laughed at others last time, but the thing really works :D It is really practical so yes, we'll take ours with us ^^


They come in different colors and aren't expensive, only 6000krw each (about 6$). Oh and check the tip written on the box: Make sure the lens is pointing at you and you will be in the picture :D Ahahahaha so funny! Yes, very important, thank you, we'll try to remember this ^^


3 comments:

  1. Hehe yes, it is yummy! I will post about Korean food later, but if you want to see some more yummy photos of food, you can check out my pinterest. I just started using it and I uploaded photos of food that I eat in Korea. Not all of it is Korean traditional food, but some of it is.
    http://www.pinterest.com/nunahime/

    ReplyDelete
  2. uau...you really had great time....Regarding Traffic jams...LAst year it took me from Koper to Ljubljana 5 hours and we did not move at all for 2,5 hours :) ...If there are normal conditions than it takes just an hour :) So be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lol I remember when I was in the hospital and you guys came to visit me on a Saturday but it took you like 4 hours to get there when it usually takes one or one and a half :)

      Delete